Article: 'Ent Relay' SISTAR Soyu, "I made 1.3 billion won in digital profit? Makes no sense"
Source: Newsen via Nate
"No way, I really didn't make that much. I noticed that I was ranked even above Taeyeon sunbae-nim. That makes no sense. How could I make more than SNSD? Everyone kept telling me to buy them dinner and drinks so I have nothing left after that."
1. [+353, -35] But 'Some' really does deserve all that it made ㅋㅋㅋ it's such a good song
2. [+269, -17] You cannot make 1.3 billion won off of a digital song. It's a dumb question to begin with asked by someone who doesn't understand how distribution works.
3. [+253, -14] If Soyu's song actually did make 1.3 billion won in digital sales, then Soyu would have only made about 40 million won herself. Only 6% of it goes to the person who sang the song and Soyu doesn't have a solo since all her songs are duets so even that's cut in half to 3%... 3% of 1.3 billion won is about 40 million won. Production companies usually take about 80% with the distributor like Melon if a song hits daebak and 10% goes to the composer and lyricist...
4. [+30, -3] Shaking your finger at people is a really bad habit...;
5. [+28, -8] Who does she think she's pointing her finger at right now?
6. [+22, -0] Even if the song did make 1.3 billion won, it's not like Soyu gets all of it. What remains as fact is that she still probably makes more than the rest of us.
7. [+15, -3] The reason SNSD's income is so far ahead compared to other female idol groups is because they're practically a male idol group when it comes to the numbers they pull for sales. They have a lot of album sales and concert income.
8. [+11, -1] Out of the girl groups, I don't think they've saved or made much unless you're SNSD, KARA, or T-ara. And that's excluding personal income like Suzy or Seolhyun.
9. [+11, -3] For Soyu alone to make 1.3 billion, she'd have to be #1 on the charts all year long...
10. [+6, -0] I remember people used to speculate that 'Abracadabra' made 10 billion won and Narsha clarified it saying that if they did make that much, they would've retired ㅋㅋ